Register staff report
The Madison County Sheriff’s Department arrested two people Thursday after receiving a complaint about drug activity at a residence on Jacks Creek Road.
Anthony Rowland, 39, and April Hardy, 30, were charged with manufacturing methamphetamine. The charge is a Class B felony that carries a possible sentence of 10 to 20 years in prison.
Sheriff’s department detectives went to the home in the late afternoon hours to investigate the complaint, according to a news release from spokesperson Deputy Willard Reardon.
The detectives saw items at the home commonly used to make meth, Reardon said. The detectives also found a one-step meth lab and chemicals used to make the drug, the release stated.
In addition to the drug charge, Hardy also was served two outstanding warrants from Estill County for not paying court fines.
Drug tip lines
• Madison County Sheriff’s Department: 623-7867
• Richmond Police Department: 623-1714
• Berea Police Department: 985-5562
• Kentucky State Police: 1-800-367-3847
• KSP “Text a Tip”: Put 67283 in the address field, write “KSPTIP” in the subject, leave a space and then enter the information