Sept. 15: Drug arrest on Morning View Road
A Berea man, Justin Lynn Woods, 24, was arrested after an officer conducted a traffic stop on Morning View Road.
The officer obtained consent to search the vehicle and allegedly located a small baggy of methamphetamine in the Woods’ pants pocket, according to a report provided by the Berea Police Department.
Woods was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance and is currently lodged at the Madison County Detention Center on an unsecured third-party bond with home incarceration and drug-testing, according to jail records.
Sept. 17: Bank account identity theft
A resident in the 200 block of Baugh Street reported her bank account had been used without her knowledge. The victim said her account was used to make several purchases out of state on several different dates.
Sept. 18: Mt. Vernon Road burglary
Officers were called to the 100 block of Mount Vernon Road with reports of a burglary. The caller said the home was empty and had planned to do work inside it, but found the back door open when he arrived.
Officers did not locate anyone inside the residence but a set of muddy footprints indicated that someone had been there.
Nothing was taken and there was no damage to the residence.
Sept. 18: Shoplifting, disorderly conduct arrests
On Sept. 18, police charged two people with shoplifting in connection with clothing that employees said was taken from the store without payment. In an unrelated incident, a woman received an additional charge of disorderly conduct after she began “yelling and cursing” in the crowded parking lot of gasoline station when officers attempted to serve her with an arrest warrant.
Sept. 19-22: Miscellaneous thefts
• A victim reported that he left his car parked near the Ellipse Street walking track for several days and his stereo was stolen. The estimated loss is $700.
• A victim reported his wallet was stolen from his parked vehicle on Chestnut Street. The estimated loss is $10.
• A store employee from the At&t store on Richmond Road reported that a white male entered the store and stole a display phone while she was distracted. The estimated loss is $500.
BEREA POLICE CRIME REPORT:
Sept. 15: Drug arrest on Morning View Road
Thefts reported in Richmond
The following thefts were recently reported to the Richmond Police Department:
• A resident in the 1600 block of Foxhaven Drive reported Wednesday that several items had been stolen from his vehicle during the day. There were no signs of forced entry. Items were reported missing included: a Racial and Ethics college textbook, a Law Management college textbook and a set of Sony headphones. Estimated loss: $217.
Berea police arrest several on misdemeanor charges
These misdemeanor arrests were made by the Berea Police Department from Friday through Monday:
• One person for shoplifting $15 from Walmart
• One person for driving under the influence of alcohol (first offense)
• Two people for public intoxication. One of those also was charged with third-degree possession of a controlled substance (Suboxone).
• One person for shoplifting $31.35 in merchandise from Walmart
• One person for shoplifting from Walmart (value unknown).
Items reported stolen from vehicle on Oldham Avenue
A resident in the 600 block of Oldham Avenue, Richmond, reported Tuesday that his vehicle had been broken into during the night and a number of items were stolen. Entry was gained by breaking the front passenger side door window.
Missing items include a pink Dell laptop computer; a large tan duffle bag containing clothing and a large Ziplock bag full of pennies. Estimated loss is $1,040.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Richmond Police Department at 623-1162.
Lexington man charged with robbery at Super Save grocery store
A Lexington man was charged with robbery Thursday after he attempted to take a $20 package of meat from a grocery store and then assaulted an employee, according to a Richmond Police Department report.
Richmond man uninjured in fatal Estill County collision
A Richmond man was involved in an accident Saturday afternoon in Estill County that resulted in the death of a woman.
Richmond gas stations robbed over the weekend
Two Richmond gas stations were robbed at gunpoint this weekend.
The first robbery occurred at 10:30 p.m. Friday at the D & G Citgo Food Mart, 1699 East Main St., according to the Richmond Police Department.
Berea police look for van involved in hit-and-run
Berea police officers are asking for the public’s help to find a van that was involved in a hit-and-run incident Friday that injured a pedestrian.
Man indicted in shower attack
A Madison grand jury has indicted a Richmond man on a charge of first-degree burglary in connection with an attack earlier this year on another man inside a Smith Village home.
Scott Slone, 32, faces a potential sentence of 10 to 20 years in prison if he is convicted of the charge.
Three Richmond men charged in armed robbery
Richmond police arrested three men Tuesday in connection with a robbery that occurred Monday evening at a Villa Drive residence.
Thefts, burglaries reported in Berea
Berea police are investigating these crimes reported from Nov. 26 through Sunday.
- More Crime Headlines
- Thefts reported in Richmond