Berea police are looking for a man who broke into a First Street home Monday and threatened a resident with a knife.
A woman told police she awaken by a loud noise and saw a man standing in her bedroom holding a knife.
The intruder said he didn’t want to hurt her but needed money, according to the BPD.
He left the house without harming anyone, but the woman noticed several items worth about $500 were taken.
McKee man arrested on several drug charges
A McKee man was arrested and charged with several drug offenses Monday after police responded to a disturbance call in the 100 block of Jefferson Street.
When officers arrived, they were told that 22-year-old Curtis Broughton, who involved in the incident he had left on foot headed toward the skate park.
Police found Broughton in the wooded area behind the skate park and reported a strong odor of alcohol coming from him.
After placing Broughton under arrest, officers said they found two bags of marijuana and a silver container with 10 clonazepam tablets and one morphine tablet in his possession.
Broughton was charged with first- and third-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, alcohol intoxication in a public place and controlled substance prescription not in a proper container.
• A resident in the 1000 block of Scaffold Cane Road reported several tools were stolen from a toolbox in the back of a pickup truck. Estimated loss: $826.
• Mario’s Pizza employees reported items worth about $453 had been taken from an outside storage building.
• Tractor Supply employees reported rolls of barbed wire worth $352 were stolen overnight.
• A resident in the 2000 block of Brooklyn Boulevard reported her mail had been stolen from her mailbox.
• A Speedway employee reported a man stole the change container from the automatic change dispenser on the cash register. She said he acted like he was reading the paper and stole the dispenser when she turned her back. Estimated loss: $118.
• A person reported two tires slashed on his vehicle, parked in the Hitachi parking lot, while he was working. Estimated loss: $400.
• A Tractor Supply employee reported eight lawn mowers, worth $2,376, were stolen from the business.
From May 14 to Sunday, Berea police made the following misdemeanor charges: one person for public intoxication, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and two people for theft by unlawful taking (shoplifting).
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.